Touch Pad Problems with Toshiba Satellite Laptops
The Problem – Toshiba (mouse) touch pads stop working, get locked. sometimes you feel that this is because you have a USB mouse installed
Below relate to the satellite laptops – other laptops may vary
1) Make Sure that your touch pad is not getting locked – u can check this by using the Function Key(FN) + the F9 key on your laptop. Pressing the FN + F9 will bring up a small menu on the right top corner of the screen where you can see enable/disable. Pressing this key combination once will lock the pad and pressing it twice will unlock it. The way it is done is – first press and hold the FN key – with the FN key pressed – now press the F9 key – the menu will pop up on the screen – pressing the F9 key 1 or 2 times- u can see that the pad is either enabled or disabled.
If this dosent work out – read on
2) If it is not a hardware or driver problem – then this step MUST solve the problem.Steps to follow
- Read this solution first (:P)
- Shutdown your computer
- Un Plug the power cord from the outlet or your PC
- Remove the laptop battery
- Now plug back the power cord
- Restart your system
- Check if your mouse is now working
- If yes then shutdown the system, unplug the power, insert battery and restart
Explanation for above – some static charge builds up in the laptop that causes this problem.
If this too is not working then – it is either a software problem or the hardware problem.
Software problems may be – driver problems or any software like a firewall or a security software that is blocking the touch-pad.
Hardware problems can be solved by a technician whom you need to visit.
For more information on the drivers and stuff you can read this post below