Windows 7 sort by date accessed
Some times you need to sort files based on date accesses not date modified.
- Open the required folder
- Right click -> sort by -> more
- Check mark Date Accessed and press ok
- Change the folder view to display all details of the file (basically the detailed view of a folder)
- You should now be able to see date modified as well as date accesses
- Try opening any file and see if the date accessed changes to todays date?
- If not – then you need to set up the date accessed field – if yes then you are good to go
- In case the date accessed field does not update then do the following
- Run the command prompt as an administrator
- Issue the command
C:\>fsutil behavior query DisableLastAccess
- If you get “DisableLastAccess = 1” it has been disabled.
- You can enable it by entering:
C:\>fsutil behavior set DisableLastAccess 0
- A restart of the system may be required after this
Categories: Tips and Tricks